Saturday, January 3, 2009

basketballin'

Summerville loves its sports, and tonight was Colton's first basketball game! He's in the church league here in town, and believe me, they're intense! I was picturing the kind of games we used to have at the stake center down in Savannah when I was younger, but that was just kid stuff. Shoont. Anyways, tonight's game was The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints versus Sandhill United Methodist Church--game on!

This is Colton in the backyard warming up before the game. He wasn't happy about having his picture taken, but I was plenty happy taking it!


This was my attempt at an action shot. Apparently my camera doesn't do action shots. So instead of taking pictures of the game, I took a picture of the kid sitting in front of me:

GoBama GoBama Go!


So, I'm sure you're all biting your nails in anticipation of the outcome. Well, it wasn't good. Our team had a solid lead for the majority of the game--until the last five minutes, to be exact. Then......they didn't anymore. It was neck and neck, and at the buzzer the other team pulled off an amazing shot to tie, and then they kicked our trash in overtime. That's okay--they'll do better next game! I just hope the gym doesn't stink so badly next time (it was awful, I don't think I mentioned that before)!

2 comments:

lauren said...

damn methodists!

oh i'm kidding. i just wanted to write the word, "damn." :)

Caitlin & Kyle said...

Amen, sistah! Hahahahahahaaaha! You crack me up!