Thursday, January 15, 2009

always carry your keys

I have of late developed a new habit, which is admittedly ridiculous. You want to hear about it? Yeah, I thought you would. It goes like this:

I drive somewhere (usually to work), park, and turn off the car's engine. I leave the keys in the ignition so I can continue to listen to the radio while I gather my things, check myself out in the mirror, kill a bit of time, or whatever it is I'm doing in my car. I then get out, responsibly lock the door and then slam it shut. After I walk about two feet I realize my keys are still in the ignition, and that the radio is still playing, and sometimes my lights are still on. Luckily, after the first time this happened I started carrying my spare key in my purse. In total, I'd say I've done this about four times now. Oh, and I talk to myself and call myself names every time I do it ("I can't believe I did this again! Idiot!"), which doesn't make me look crazy at all.

And I'll probably do it again. Mostly because I'm so bright.

No comments: