Friday, January 30, 2009

blue jean ramble

I'm wearing jeans at work today. Is it ridiculous that I'm so happy about it?

Kidd Kraddick in the morning cracks me up.

I have a cold again. I hope it's better by Sunday or else I just might have to miss nursery! ;)

This song is in my head: Just around the riverbeeeeeeeeend! I look once more, just around the riverbeeend, beyond the shooore....she should have married Kokoum.

For the first time ever, I've been following American Idol. I don't have a favorite contestant yet, but I'll keep you posted. Just so you know, every time I think a person's singing is not that great, the judges love them. I guess that's why I'm not in the music business.

Our office is treated like the ugly step-child of the college. Everyone has fancy displays and colorful magnets to give away at the college fair and we have a science fair board (with cobwebs on the back) and used confetti.

Every book I check out from the library is stupid. How do these people get published? I can't usually even get past the first chapter.

I wish everyone could see the ugly pamphlet sitting on the rack across from my desk, that I have to look at every morning. Its cover has a drawing of a girl in a hideous 1980s sweatshirt (I think it's been sitting there for a while) and comb-over-looking hair, wearing a horrifying look of unchecked rage, hatred, and malice on her face. I think it's a rape prevention pamphlet. I think they're onto something.

We have got to get some new reading material for this office. That pamphlet is embarrassing.

I think I would like running more if I was as fast as a cheetah.

It's going to be a long day.

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Cait, your post made me laugh! I know exactly how boring work can be sometimes :) I miss you! I want to have lunch with you and Courtney sometime! Let me know if you ever can. Love ya!