Friday, January 9, 2009

scary little monsters

So, every time a student walks through the door and comes to talk to me, I look up and this is what I see:


Yep, they all look the same, and I'm sick and tired of them. Mean, impatient, crazy little monsters. You'd think by the time they reached the college level they would have outgrown such behavior, but then again, I did see a sixty-something year-old woman screaming her lungs out at a poor, innocent teenage BiLo worker the other day because the store didn't carry the specific brand of stuffing she wanted. I guess some people will always be monsters.

Wait, I lied--some of the students look like this:


These students are nicer, but just as aggravating because, let's face it, what I'm telling them is just not that hard to understand.

My favorite question asked today so far: "Huh? What dat mean?"

I can't wait until the semester is well underway and this registration/new semester chaos has ended.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I literally laughed and laughed as I was reading this.

North148 said...

In Maine we just say "huh"