Thursday, December 18, 2008

mr. bojangles

The neighbors across the street from us have a pet rooster named Mr. Bojangles. Mr. Bojangles is a very proud rooster, and crows to show us all how well he can do it. His lung capacity is quite impressive for a bird, I've gotta say. Mr. Bojangles doesn't like to be lonely, and crows when he's sad and alone. Nobody wants to sit outside with a rooster all day, especially one as show-offy as Mr. Bojangles, so he crows a lot about this as well. Mr. Bojangles likes pretty weather, and crows because he's happy when the sun shines. He hates being wet, and so crows when it rains or is dreary.


Basically, Mr. Bojangles crows a lot. I should be annoyed, but I actually like Mr. Bojangles. There's just something about a strutting old rooster singing his heart out that makes me smile, whether he's singing his woes, triumphs, or praises. Plus, his name is Mr. Bojangles. How could I not like that name for a rooster? It's pretty darn funny. This morning as I left for work, Mr. Bojangles was going to town with his crowing--I don't think he was even taking time to breathe. Today he's happy about the pretty weather. 70 degrees in December--I'm certainly not going to complain! :)


PS: I love unexpected little Christmas gifts from co-workers and friends! Especially when chocolate is involved! It's almost better than Christmas morning..........almost.

1 comment:

Jilli said...

oh, mr. bojangles. we heard him today.