Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I miss my dog.

2008 has been great in a lot of ways--there have been weddings and birthdays, reunions with long-unseen family members, new jobs, beautiful days, and cross country adventures. But in many ways it has also been most unkind, and I'll be incredibly glad to kiss it good-bye at the end of this month. The most recent unkindness has been the loss of my family's dog, a sweet-hearted animal that my dad rescued from being prematurely euthenized 8 years ago. It's upsetting to think that the happy, energetic dog we lived with would never had had those last 8 years if by chance my dad hadn't stopped to admire the rottweiler. It was hard letting go after trying to nurse him back to health for several days (isn't it weird how attached a person can get to an animal? It's weird, I know, but I was attached), but seeing him in pain hurt me more than I knew it could. Anyways, the point of this rambling post is that I miss him. And I miss my grandparents, too, who I also lost this year. It really has been a year for the record books, but I'm glad to report that I've learned from it all and hopefully have become a better person for it. If nothing else, I've come to appreciate my family and friends more than ever (and that's a whole whole lot). :)

PS: Sorry if this post has any misspellings. I don't feel like checking it.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Oh, Brutus Tootus! He was such a good dog!

and you spelled "euthanized" incorrectly. hahahahahahahahhahaha

North148 said...

this could be chapter 7 (my time with Brutus)....write me a book.....YES please..