Tuesday, December 9, 2008

pearls of wisdom

It's important to learn from our daily experiences, right? Right. It's how we grow and become better people. Here are some of the things I've learned from personal experience today:

  • 35 miles per hour is a good speed for merging onto the interstate
  • the painted white and yellow lines on the roads are more "guidelines" than actual "rules"
  • copy machines are mostly for decoration
  • paper jams don't necessarily require paper
  • psychic mind-reading powers are the norm--if you don't have them, you're an idiot
  • spiders make good Christmas decorations
  • white people are physically incapable of speaking Spanish (this must be why native Spanish-speakers feel free to say anything and everything they're thinking while you're standing just five feet away; I mean, it's impossible that I can understand what they're saying, right?)
  • responsibility is for suckers

I just hope that I can learn as much every day of my life (and just think--today's only half over!).

1 comment:

North148 said...

ode to the pearl of great price you pay every day...