Monday, November 3, 2008

weekend weirdness

This weekend I saw the movie Max Payne. I had no idea what it was about, but there wasn't much to do, so I saw it.

Now, I understand that there are weird people in this world, with a lot of dumb ideas. I'm not going to pretend like I don't have dumb ideas sometimes, because I do. Dumb ideas are funny, they're entertaining, and goodness knows they keep me distracted in boring places, like work, or the 3 1/2 hour long line for early voting (that was another fun part of my weekend). What I don't understand, however, is how some weird people with dumb ideas can get millions of dollars to make a movie of their dumb idea. The word ridiculous doesn't even begin to describe my opinion of this particular movie. It was cliche (how do you make that little accent over the e?), predictable, and as weird as, well, a vegetarian vampire (team Jacob!). Actually, I take that back--it isn't as weird as a vegetarian vampire. That's strange enough to be interesting, and this was just strange enough to be stupid. There, I said it. I thought the movie was stupid. Let's just say that characters roared in this movie.

But that's just my opinion. My brother liked it well enough, though he wasn't exactly clamoring in line to buy another ticket.

I think sneezing is the closest people can get to roaring. Random, dumb thought, I know. If only I had millions, I could make a movie out of it.

3 comments:

lauren said...

team jacob? eek. :)

Andrea Forsyth said...

i dreamed last night i went on vacation in beaufort (sp?) we went to fish lake. i think there were some mob bosses living in the lake house next door. and you were there, and your brother colton (who i have never met...) was there saying things like "i ate a dandelion once..."

Unknown said...

Max payne was a reallllllllly cool video game back in my highschool days... really cool... there was bullet time and slow motion... and you fight this guy that is really bad... like the devil bad... anyways... really cool. stinks the movie stinks though.