Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'll pretend I'm going to Sweden

If you know me, you know how much I want to see the world. I've always been fascinated with the idea of place, and the significance place has in the human psyche (I'm not sure 'psyche' is the right word, but I'm using it anyway). Also, if you know me, you know I just don't have a lot of money to do all the things I want to do, especially travel. So I'm making a wishlist of all the places I want to see before I die. Here's the first item on the list: Stockholm, and the Swedish archipelago (along with a little side trip to Vingaker, land of my ancestors!).






Walking/biking trail just outside Stockholm













Sailing by the archipelago--hmm, it looks like I'll have to learn to sail before I go.








Tiny pond by the roadside in Vingaker.













Along the coast of the archipelago (posted by JimmyReu on Flickr)

If only these were my own travel pictures! Sigh, they're not (from visitsweden.com). Maybe one day, though, right? It doesn't hurt to kill time at work making a wishlist.

2 comments:

Pa said...

Sorry Caitlin, that castle isn't in Sweden, it's in Antwerp (Belgium)

caitlin said...

Oops! Well, I'll have to plan a trip to Belgium, too!