Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mr. Golden Sun

I haven't blogged in a really long time, and I'm sorry. I just have so many other important things to do, like...well--like thinking about what I'm going to eat for lunch. That takes more energy and concentration than you'd think. Okay, not really, but I don't really have an excuse, so I made one up. Why yes, I am the ideal role model for children.

So, I've done some calculations (I hope you can follow my sophisticated mathematical reasoning):

June 2, 7:30 AM: 71 degrees
June 2, 8:00 AM: 78 degrees
June 2, 9:00 AM: 82 degrees

I'm sure you see the pattern. If the temperature (Fahrenheit, by the way--I don't do that Celsius mess) continues to rise at this rate, then according to my calculations by noon today it will be approximately 11,000 degrees, also known as the temperature of the surface of the sun. It's been nice knowing you.

But even more alarming than the temperature, folks, is the date. It's only June 2nd. This indicates that by mid-July temperatures will have reached a staggering 27,000,000 degrees, aka the temperature of the sun's core. It may even be hotter. Now, some people would be upset by this. I, however, am just glad that it's finally Earth's time to shine and show that ol' arrogant sun that he's not such hot stuff anymore.


Okay, seriously though, here are some quick updates on my wonderful life. I am getting laid off from my wonderful job--but not until the end of the wonderful month. So that's news, I guess. I still haven't officially picked a graduate school. I'm dragging my feet because neither place seems right. Why didn't I apply somewhere in Australia? I've got a pretty sweet internship at Drayton Hall, and it would be even sweeter if they paid me. I'm taking my car in to get the AC looked at on Friday, and if they can fix it, that'd be pretty sweet as well. Not that there's any point, really--I don't think a puny little AC unit will have much of a chance when it's 27,000,000 degrees. I'm just saying.

No comments: