Monday, June 15, 2009

Winning doesn't suck.

This morning, on a whim, I actually called the radio station when they said "Call now!" I expected a busy signal, but the phone rang. I thought this was strange, and even checked my phone to see if I had dialed the wrong number--but it was right, and soon enough the morning DJs answered and said, "If you can talk for 25 seconds about the subject we give you without any long pauses, ums, uhs, ergs, etc., then you're a winner." My subject? Tweezers. Yeah, tweezers. 25 seconds doesn't seem that long, but it was hard--which surprised me, because I can talk.

I don't know what I said, but I just kept on talking, and I won tickets to see Darius Rucker and Dierks Bentley in concert--with the possibility of an upgrade to front row seats! To be honest, I'm not a die-hard Rucker fan, but maybe he'll play some Hootie songs. :) And I do like Dierks Bentley, so it should be a fun night. Any way it turns out, it's always nice to get something for free.

2 comments:

Andrew and Courtney said...

YEAH!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so exciting! What did you talk about??? I have to know!!!

Andrea Forsyth said...

your blog never lets me down. i always enjoy it.