Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Great Outdoors

Sometimes, when I'm super-extra bored at work, I read every single article on CNN's homepage. Today, the seemingly pointless enterprise actually paid off, because I found an article that I'm really excited about! No, it's not about Obama's visit to Saudi Arabia, though that is interesting, I suppose. It's an article about the amazingly awesome thing the National Park Service is doing on certain dates this summer--free admission, to all parks!

If I'm being completely honest with myself, I know that I won't actually be able to visit all the parks. I probably won't even be able to make it to one, though I'll keep my fingers crossed for a quick trick to the Smoky Mountains. But to all my friends out in the wild west, where a ton of parks are close by, please go, so I can live vicariously through you.


Seriously, look at these pictures! It's crazy to think that so much of the country used to look like this, before all us people moved in and needed houses and food and such. I'm so glad there are places like these left! (pics, in order: Yosemite, Smoky Mountains, Grand Canyon).

No comments: