Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peace out, Drayton

Today was the last day of my internship at Drayton Hall, and in honor of that auspicious event I am posting a few photos. I should have taken tons more, because we did so many things, but today was the first time in over a year that the batteries in my camera weren't dead. So this is all I've got. Sorry.

The looong driveway, leading up to the house.


Taa daaa! Drayton Hall! The Draytons were all about symmetry, folks.


The dig site. You can't really see me, but that's good because I'm dirty and sweaty.


The archaeologists' current project. The painting was a mystery donation...oooooh.



The site close up. Sorry if you're bored. Go check your facebook or something.


Sorting the artifacts by layer. There were zillions of pipe stems. Yes, zillions. Apparently the Draytons were also big on tobacco.


Okay...so there are more pictures, but it takes too long to upload them into blogger. Maybe I will add the rest to facebook. Someday.

1 comment:

Andrea Forsyth said...

so those first two pictures look like something from a hallmark movie. or maybe i just think that because i'm watching one right now. (my mother-in-law sent one to jonathan for his birthday. we're not sure how to take that.) don't go nuts with the pipes:)