Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spice Muffins

My boss keeps cramming spice muffins down my throat. It's true! She grabs me and with inhuman strength forces my jaw open, then shoves the muffin into my mouth!

Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration--but she might as well be! She keeps bringing the plastic container full of muffins (which she acquired from another department and did not actually bring herself) up to me, holding it right in front of my face, and saying "Take one! Come on, take one!" Then, she comes up again, minutes later, and says "Have another! Take one more!" When I tell her that I am not hungry, she simply repeats the action again, most likely in hopes that during the second-long interval that has elapsed since she last assaulted me that my hunger would have mysteriously increased ten-fold. So, I take the muffin, and I eat it, because I for some ridiculous reason don't have the heart to throw it away. Oh well, at least they're not banana nut muffins.

On another note, there have been entertaining conversations in the office this morning.

Co-worker 1: I wanted to make Halloween muffins, with spiders on them, but couldn't figure out how to make the legs.
Co-worker 2: Use liquish.
C1: What are you talking about, liquish?
C2: Isn't that what it's called? Liii-quisshh.
[it was later determined that liquish = licorice]

C1: We need some music in here!
C2: Yeah, so you can go ahead and bust a bruise!
[translation: bust a move]

All of my co-workers are bright and intelligent. It was just one of those days. :)

No comments: