Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornadoes in Tuscaloosa

Last fall I had the pleasure of spending time in Tuscaloosa, Alabama for my graduate school orientation. It was a beautiful town, friendly in its greenness and in the open, easy smiles of its people. Lazy Southern electricity, inspired by the humid heat and the newly born, wide-eyed ambitions of thousands of fresh-faced college students, buzzed through the heavy air, humming with a grace and charm as old as Alabama.


Last night, a tornado tore it to pieces. Hundreds are dead, and even more are injured, their homes demolished. Many are still missing.


My thoughts and prayers go out to my colleagues, friends, and the faculty and staff of UA, as well as all those impacted by the tornado.


For ways to help, check out my classmate Brittany's blog here.

No comments: